The event originally advertised for the following Saturday has had to be postponed but we are fortunate to have been offered a visit to the historic organ at St Mary de Lode. This organ was originally built in 1780 in a splendid mahogany case with a front a three towers and two intervening flats. The towers are surmounted by a crown and vases. Before 1831, a short compass Swell was added with a nag’s head type of shutter as a later addition. John Budgen restored the instrument in 2003 and provided an old English specificaton of some note.