Gloucestershire Organists’ Association
President: David Briggs MA FRCO FRSA ARCM
Registered Charity No. 1091795
The Gloucestershire Organists’ Association was founded in 1947 to advance the education of the public in the study of the art of music with reference to organ music.
The Association is affiliated to the Incorporated Association of Organists (IAO) to which over 100 other local associations are also affiliated, which means you will also be a member of the IAO. The IAO publishes the Organists’ Review and arranges regular organ events. The Gloucestershire Organists’ Association offers advice to performers, teachers, students, church people and members of the public concerned with the improvement of standards of performance of organ music. During each year the Association arranges lectures, visits to organs and organ demonstrations. Members enjoy the friendship and social aspects of belonging to a thriving group of like minded individuals. The Association runs a Student Organist Scheme. Bursaries are sometimes available – details on request.
All members receive:
- A directory of all members which is regularly updated. This also shows those members who are willing to deputise by arrangement and members who are willing to teach the organ
- Details and an initial free copy of the Organists’ Review, a quarterly publication by subscription direct from the IAO. regular newsletter giving details of organ events both local and wider afield.
How to Join
The Association is keen to welcome new members. You do not have to play the organ to be eligible for membership which is open to all people who are interested in the organ. If you would like to join, please complete the application form and gift aid forms below, as appropriate,
Mr. Jonathan Dunley, email@example.com
Hon Membership Secretary, The Gloucestershire Organists’ Association,
Members are encouraged to Gift Aid their subscriptions. See the form below
Current Membership Subscriptions:
Married Couple/Civil Partner/Family: £17.50,
Student: while receiving any form of full time education: Free
Membership subscriptions are due on the 1st January each year. For members joining in mid-year, a reduced subscription is payable for that year. Please request details from the Treasurer. (See below)
Please refer to the notes below and action one of the following:
Pay by Bank Standing Order – Pay by ElectronicTransfer – Pay by cheque
Please note that we encourage members, wherever possible, to pay their subscriptions by standing order. For security reasons we have not published our banking details on this form, but if you wish to use this facility please contact the Treasurer as detailed below. If you use internet banking, then we will provide you with the relevant information to enable you to either create a standing order, or alternatively activate an electronic transfer. For cheques you will need to ask the address of the Treasurer..
Treasurer: Mike Eddy, firstname.lastname@example.org. Mobile 07739 558333.
Gift Aid notes
1. You can cancel this declaration at any time by notifying the Hon Treasurer of the GOA.
2. If your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax, you must cancel this declaration
3. If you pay tax at higher rate you can claim further relief via your self assessment tax return
4. Please see www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/gift_aid/basics.htm if you are not sure whether your
donations qualify for Gift Aid.
5. Please notify the GOA Membership Secretary if you change your name or address.